A rare pair of 19th century Carron Foundry cast iron benches. These beautiful benches having pierced with arabesques and foliage seats, with serpentine shaped back rail, cast with hoops beneath foliate cresting and on cabriole supports with foliate cast apron and ring turned back legs. Both benches stamped 'Carron' along with patent registration stamps. This design, numbered 34358 was first registered by the Carron Foundry at the Public Record Office on 16 March 1846.
Dimensions: Height: 94 cm - 37 Inches, Width: 155 cm - 62 Inches, Depth: 45.5 cm - 18 Inches
John Adam became a partner of the Carron Company in 1763 and with his brothers James and Robert produced a range of elegant railings, stoves, fireplace surrounds and grates. The Carron foundry was located on the Firth of Forth on the East Coast of Scotland but had warehousing and retailing premises close to each other in Upper Thames Street, London, to which the iron goods were transported by sea and up the River Thames.
Please fill in the information below